Saturday, June 1, 2013

play by play.

As social media natives we all appreciate knowing what is happening in a person's daily life. To make this easier we have Facebook account, Twitter profiles, Instagram, snapchats, text messaging, vines and lots more stuff. Unfortunately, I rarely post on the few accounts I do have. To be honest, I feel like I've let my generation down with my lack of status updating.

Well, here is an update of two of the most memorable days I have ever lived.

:May 29th:
7:38 am] Woke up. *there is no way I am getting out of bed today.* Back to sleep
9:22 am] Got out of bed. Considering going to school to get my yearbook signed.
10:18 am] Arrived at school to discover I am STILL not on track to graduate. #crap
12:47 am] Received a pat on the back from each receptionist as they congratulated me on my recent graduating status. Apparently I had been giving them gray hair.
1:00 pm] Get a call from @JessicaShelton and we go to J-Dawgs.
1:26 pm] Arrive at the Marriott Center to discover we missed graduation practice. So we roll down the grassy hills and act like children rather than nearly-graduates.
6:47 pm] Went on a run. Workouts don't count unless you share them on Facebook. Right?
10:00 pm] Watch "Wreck It Ralph" for the first time. #Hero'sDuty #BestMovieEver
3:30 am] Finally fell asleep. #InsomniacProblems #NervousForTomorrow

:May 30th:
7:00 am] Holy Schnikees, I'm graduating today.
7:37 am] Leave for the Marriott Center in my snazzy cap and gown.
7:48 am] Just realized my car was completely out of gas so I stopped and filled it up in my cap and gown. Got the weirdest looks ever. #ThisIsHighSchool
8:30 am] I can't believe the administration took our marbles away :( #SeniorPrankRuined
9:00 am] Graduation has begun. So many butterflies in my stomach right now.
9:05 am] Walked over to my position on the stand instead of in the choir seats. Now I have to stumble over like a fool while everyone watches. #SoAwkward #Should'veGoneToRehearsal
10:07 am] My name is read. *Don't trip, don't trip, don't trip....phew.*
10:58 am] I turned into the human sprinkler during the school song. I can't believe I'll never "sing" that song again as a Viking.
11:22 am] Not being able to throw your cap at graduation is the biggest myth since High School Musical led me to believe there were outbursts of choreographed song and dance in high school.
12:30 pm] VIKING PRIDE NEVER GRADUATES.
9:36 pm] The G looks so beautiful when it is lit up. Nearly brought me to tears. All these years being the one up there lighting it and now it's finally for me. #ClassOf2013
10:00 pm] Got a nasty scrape in my elbow and hands after falling on the asphalt while running from the law. #SeniorPrankRevised #Karma (I didn't actually break any laws or rules)
10:30 pm] Best party ever.
12:00 am] Ghost hunting through PG tunnels at midnight is pretty scary, until the ghost hisses at you, then it's positively horrifying.
2:30 am] Dance begins, I've been looking forward to this all day.
3:30 am] To whoever launched the water during the dance, thank you. It helped cover the sever tacos I had been trying to conceal.
5:00 am] Sleeping on the football field. #NotReallySleeping #SoTiredAndCold
7:34 am] Brown Sugar hot chocolate at Beanie's is the best thing. Ever. #GetSome (Like seriously, no innuendo intended, go get some brown sugar hot chocolate.)

This week has gone down in history. It's been great. We definitely ended high school, not with a fizzle, but with a bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment