Tuesday, May 28, 2013

the rebel.


So a couple of months ago my older sister Kaylee (who is now on a mission) were talking about this song and we decided we wanted the song to be about us. We wanted to be a girl who was "a little bit of heaven with a wild side." We have both been goody two shoes since the time we even learned to tie our shoes but we decided this song did describe us. We totally had a wild side...right?

So we asked our dad. Basically what we wanted from him was a confirmation of what we had already decided, we were angels with a wild side. But he just laughed at us and told us we lacked a wild side.

Right away we started arguing with him, spilling our teenage secrets about "the time we..." or "that one night when..." but to no avail. He told us we had no wild side.

Now most girls would be pleased that their parents considered them complete angels but Kaylee and I were infuriated. I have spent the next couple of months trying to convince my dad that there is more to me than meets the eye: I have a wild side, gosh dang it! He still won't budge.

So tonight at our end of the year student council banquet we all were given awards. My award was (drumroll please) "The Rebel." Not only was it the first time in my life that my award didn't have to do with my laugh, but I was "the rebel." The principal was there and my teacher was there but I didn't care, I was thrilled. I took a picture and sent it to my dad.

I really have no idea why I got that award. I asked the creator of the awards but he won't tell me. Either way, I'm super excited. One day, when I'm old and wrinkly I will proudly hold up the award and tell my grandchildren that I am "The Rebel." They'll be so proud.

1 comment: