Sunday, May 26, 2013

bawler.

This past month I have had the emotional instability of a pregnant lady. And it gets increasingly worse each day.

I hiked the G about a week an a half ago. Now normally hiking doesn't provoke any tears, but I just sat there at the top of the G looking down on my high school, basically one of my favorite places on earth, and I knew that it was only a matter of time before it wasn't my high school anymore. So I cried.

Then I performed in my last choir concert, maybe of my life. Singing on stage is also a generally tear-free environment, but I started crying anyways. I have done choir ever since sixth grade and it has become a part of me, like a religion or something that's super influential on a life. This year in particular with Chamber Choir has been amazing. For this final concert we wrote a song that was a combination of all of our inside jokes throughout the year. I bawled hard...You could say I'm a bawler. The last phrase we sing says, "It hasn't just been music, it's been so much more." It was one of those horrible sobs where it's not even cute anymore, like, I was crying so hard I started doing that awkward choking thing. On stage. I'm a choir geek, it's fine.

I'm still failing health. Go ahead and judge. I really shouldn't be failing, my teacher just hasn't put in two assignments and a test score (don't you love it when teachers don't put in your scores?) I think subconsciously I might be purposely not pushing my teacher to put in the scores because I wouldn't mind staying another year. Don't worry, I'll be at graduation. Crying in a corner, I assure you.

I really am so excited for college but leaving high school is hard and I hate it. I love high school. People give me crazy looks when I say that and then laugh because they assume I'm being sarcastic, but it's true: I love high school. Even though I'm so excited for college I'm going to miss it so much. It truly has been the best years of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment