Sunday, April 28, 2013

roommates.

I graduate in 36 days. My heart skipped 12 beats once I typed that so I am just going to not talk about it. After that, it's off to college. Which means so many things. One of those things is a roommate. I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I keep thinking of new things to be nervous about pertaining having a non-family member roommate. What if they snore? What if they steal my milk? What if they turn into the creepy roommate like that one movie I never saw because it looked really scary? What if they like that movie? You see, there are a lot of problems.

Well, I am sure they are thinking the same things about me right now. So, I have compiled a list. 

twelve things my roommate should know about me:

::one:: I can sleep through anything. I wanted to say this right away so no roommate will ever feel guilty about staying up late doing homework (and by that I mean watching Netflix). I can sleep through a fire alarm, a new years eve party, I've even fallen asleep standing up before. Also, I don't snore. You're welcome. 

::two:: I hate personal hygiene. I know that is disgusting and it's something I avoid letting people know about me, but a roommate would figure it out anyways. I dread showers and I loathe brushing my teeth. Don't be too concerned, I do these things, but I mentally grumble the whole way through. I own dry shampoo for days when my mental complaints overpower my will to stay publicly acceptable, please don't judge.

::three:: Without my mommy my diet consists of no-bake cookies, apple cinnamon cheerios and peach crystal light. I can not cook, but I can bake sweet treats decently well. 

::four:: I don't sing in the shower very often because when I do I get soap in my mouth, but I love singing lots of other places.

::five:: I own a car. I will let you choose the radio station if you let me be your friend.

::six:: I listen to nearly all types of music. Classical, country, the weird hipster stuff, rap, mormon tabernacle choir, opera, pop, broadway, disney. All of it. 

::seven:: I don't make my bed ever because I genuinely prefer the sheets to be crumpled up when I get into them. I feel a messed up bed is a sheet's natural habitat. My bed is unmade, but it's perfect because it is the way my sleeping body prefers it already. However, other than making the bed my room is kept quite clean. It makes me anxious to have clutter. Mostly because I don't want spiders to find a comfortable hideout in a pile of junk on the floor.

::eight:: Some nights, even on weekends, I prefer to stay at home in my pajamas and watch "The Dead Poet's Society" and read books. I'm not always anti-social, but sometimes I just don't have the mental energy to be a publicly acceptable human being so I just don't. Other nights, I put on my dancing shoes and go party. 

::nine:: If we are the same size you can borrow my clothes. Just wear deodorant and underwear. 

::ten:: I watch two shows religiously: Once Upon a Time and Revolution. You are welcomed to join me during these shows, we can pop popcorn and snuggle (in a non-lesbian way).

::eleven:: There are seven people in my family so I'm pretty comfortable with sharing everything (you can even borrow my toothbrush if needs be), but please, for the love, ask first. 

::twelve:: I am so excited for college. Let's please be best friends.

2 comments:

  1. haha i love this. i think everyone should have to make a list like this when becoming roommates

    ReplyDelete