Thursday, March 21, 2013

farewell.

My family isn't big on hugs or on PDE (Public Display of Emotion) but we were all in tears as we embraced at the MTC (I'm full of acronyms today). I know most families in Utah County have gone through this farewell, but it was all new to me. And it was sad.

My heart aches. Kaylee has been my best friend for 100% of my life. Now she is out of constant contact as she travels 1,298 miles away. With my mission overlapping by a couple months, we probably won't see each other for about three years! It finally hit me the day we were saying goodbye.

Now it keeps hitting me over and over again. The painstaking reminder that I won't see her for the next three years of my life. Like when our song came on the radio (yes, we have a song. go ahead and judge), or when I went to yogurt bliss alone, or when someone talks about one of our inside jokes and there's no one to laugh with. So, basically all the time now.

I'm now rethinking this new mission age thing...maybe we should move it back to 21, then I can have my 19 year old sister back. (I'm really just kidding, I love the

It's only been one day and I'm not doing well. I hate goodbyes, even the kind that aren't forever.

I miss my big sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment