Thursday, March 7, 2013

mummify me.

I thought I had outgrown field trips but today my history teacher loaded our class up on a big yellow school bus and drove away from campus. I wish it was a magic school bus (my fellow 90's kids know what I'm talking about) but alas, it was just a yellow school bus. Even with our lack of Mrs. Frizzle the trip was still an adventure. 

We went to the Mummy Exhibition up in Salt Lake City and I enjoyed it. It's pretty cool that bodies from thousands of years ago are still preserved today. 

I have in fact seen the movie "The Mummy" so I will openly admit that I was afraid out of my mind that I was going to get attacked by a vengeful pharaoh who spits bugs at me. (I don't actually understand the premise of that movie, I watched it with my hands over my eyes so it was difficult to understand.) Luckily though I did not get attacked by a mummy. I did however, get yelled at by a museum official because I got distracted by the kiddie-section of the museum and started playing with bubbles but I don't think that's the same thing. 

My favorite piece of information I accumulated on this trip was that for the price of $70,000 any one today can have their body mummified and preserved after they die. I think I might just start saving up for that. If you were a mummy you would be preserved in a glass box and students would come and stare at you for hours every day. 

That might sound creepy but the way I see it, it's like being a model. If you know me, you'll understand that this would be the closest thing to modeling I will ever experience. 

If you are interested in donating to my mummifying cause, I will accept donations. Of course, I do have my whole life to save up for this expense....literally, my whole life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment