Wednesday, November 27, 2013

cliche, but totally necessary.

The other day I was walking home from nearly failing a test I had studied for like a crazy person. It was raining ice and I was miserable at best. I looked over my shoulder and looked at the barely visible 'Y' on the mountain. I was completely overcome with gratitude. 

I am seriously so grateful to be here. 
Here on this Earth, here at BYU, here everywhere I am. 
I am really so blessed. 

There is so much in my life to be thankful for. And I'm not trying to be cliche because it's November, but here is a list of a few things I'm grateful for lately.

I'm grateful for the most amazing roommates on the planet. They are my soul mates.
I'm grateful for the gospel.
I'm grateful for ice cream. Like so much gratitude there.
I'm grateful for the Harry Potter series and JK Rowling.
I'm grateful to have the opportunity to fail my Biology test. So many people don't even get to go to college or even get an education. 
I'm grateful for the temple and hot cocoa trips.
I'm grateful for finger nail polish.
I'm grateful for sunsets and starshine.
I'm grateful for In-n-Out.
I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon.
I'm grateful for America.

I'm grateful for everything. Really. Even pain and heartache and sadness, I have still learned so much from it and I am so grateful there is opposition in all things. I love life and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

1 comment: