Monday, November 18, 2013

I should take a nap. & other thoughts about college life.

I'm legally an adult, and just the fact that the government is recognizing me as a capable member of society is yet further proof that politicians can be stupid. I am no where near functioning. The other night I stayed up until two am drinking hot chocolate and watching Disney's the "Aristocats" in my cheetah footie pajamas. Because I'm a thug and I do want I want. Consequently, I slept through my first and second class of the day, because yolo. (Does every bad decision I make count as living the 'yolo' life?)

College is hard. Like you know when you're treading water and you exert all of your energy and everything hurts, but you're not really going anywhere? That's what college feels like. It's exhausting to spend so much time studying and trying and failing. But, that's where my skill of pep talks comes in. College is not purely academic, college is an experience, and a fabulous one at that. College is where you make your best friends. Learn how to live on your own. And have some of the best experiences you'll ever have in your entire life. I am really so blessed to be here and I love it tons and tons. (And I will keep repeating this to myself until I graduate probably.)

Also, one of the other things I've learned is how rarely I drink milk. I have yet to purchase any milk without it going bad. (Side note: when you try to be "healthy" and splurge on "produce" it nearly always goes bad, that's just how life works.) I hung this picture on my fridge because then when my milk goes bad I find it hilarious. (Also, my roommate is from Kansas and she single-handedly drinks 2.5 gallons of milk a week. I am constantly amazed by the way she guzzles that milk down. And you should be too.)


1 comment: