Thursday, November 28, 2013

fly away.

Recently, I have been diagnosed with a bad case of wanderlust.

In all honesty, if you would have asked me a year ago, I wouldn't have held this same view. A year ago I was content being forever in one place. I believed it wasn't about where you are it was who you were with. Well, I still believe friendships hold a higher value than an airline ticket, I still crave traveling. I just want to see everything there is to see. More than seeing anything, I want to experience all there is to experience. Traveling seems like the optimal way to do this.

I think the importance of traveling is often underestimated. But it shouldn't be. Traveling opens our eyes to different cultures and ways of life. Traveling allows us to see all of the wonders of this incredible earth. Traveling let's us just glimpse into the lives of the billions of other people on this planet, that we too often forget about. Traveling is important. *Steps off of my soapbox.*

So, if you were going to buy me an airplane ticket to anywhere on this planet, here are the five top places I want to go.


5. Peru
Machu Picchu would be an incredible sight. Also, seeing the different culture of this South American country would be incredible.









4. Anywhere in Africa
I know that Africa is a continent and this is a broad generalization, but I would be happily satisfied if I saw any part of Africa.

3. Jerusalem
Goodness gracious. I can't even begin to explain how amazing this would be.









2. Greece
So much history that I would love to see there.










1. Thailand.
I WANT TO GO THERE SO BAD.
I had about 40 pictures of Thailand on my Pinterest board and it was so hard to choose a favorite. I really, really want to go to Thailand before I bite the dust. I was even registered for Thai language class before I decided to just take GE's until I returned from my mission. But really, Thailand is my dream.












Okay, there are so many places that didn't make my top five list. There are many honorable mentions:
Rome - Egypt - Alaska - Ireland - Russia - New Zealand - India - Venice - London - Cambodia - China - Alabama - Australia - Sweden - Brazil - Amsterdam - Austria
There are just so many places to see.
Any places that you've been to that I should add to my list? What is on your list? 

1 comment: